What is Clipping Path in Photoshop?
Clipping Path (deep etch) is a technique of Adobe Photoshop with which you can get better-cropped product images for your e-commerce ventures. Clipping Path influences the backgrounds of your images with some basic differences.
As mentioned earlier, Clipping Path is a technique of Photoshop. You can cut out your products from your two-dimensional images and remove the background with this technique. Clipping Path is done by using the Pen Tool.
How does Clipping Path work?
Interestingly, you can manipulate your images without any help from any third person if you learn the basics of Clipping Path. There are many ways of learning this Photoshop technique – photo editing courses can be ones to mention.
However, in short, you basically change the paths in your images by selecting the products with the Pen Tool. Then you remove the existing background and add the one you like. This makes your product images a way more attractive and attention-grabbing and this is one of the best processes for image cutout service.
Why is Clipping Path important?
Use of this technique on your product images helps your targeted customers to get a clearer idea of what they are going to buy from you. As a result, this helps them to make a better decision regarding their transaction.
Have you ever wondered how companies like Amazon, eBay, and Alibaba stand out from other companies in the massive competitive market? I bet you certainly did. Product presentation plays a key role here.
As it is clearly understood that none of the online stores can present their products to their customers in real, the only way to place products to their customers is to present the product images and details.
Now, if you are one of the millions of entrepreneurs who started their journey online then you must feel the hunger to showcase your product images as beautifully as possible – just to survive in the market.
For this, you have to maintain great product photography, including expert photographers and post-production team, to help you produce the expected product images you want.
Clipping Path is one of the works you want to get done for a quality product image. With the help of an expert team who knows who to do the Clipping Path properly, you can grow your online business beyond your imagination.
Besides, the risk of losing your business due to a lack of sufficient workforce in product presentation is always high – if not maintained.
Get Free Trial on Clipping Path Services
Tutorial: How to Create a Clipping Path in Photoshop
To remove your image background please follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Open your image with Adobe Photoshop
- Select the Pen Tool from the left-aligned toolbar (Shortcut: press “p” button)
- Zoom your image to 300% or a properly viewable size so that you can clearly see the edge
- Start drawing selection line for creating a path
- Continue drawing the selection line surrounding the product you want to cut out until you reach to the point where you started.
- Then save the path from the right-aligned menu.
- After creating a path around your product, press Ctrl+left button of the mouse on the path menu
- Then press Ctrl+j to remove the background
- Save your file with Ctrl+Shift+S
To add the background you like, follow the instructions mentioned below:
- After getting the path, select “Background Copy” option from the right-aligned menu
- Select solid color/gradient/pattern from the adjustment layer option and choose the color you want on your product’s background
- Save your file with Ctrl+Shift+S
Here is a step by step video tutorial of Photoshop Clipping Path:
I hope this article described Clipping Path well. If you have any further question please leave a comment below. I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Why Clipping Path Service Important for Business?